When you get right down to it, riding is what we’re all about. Whether it’s riding for fun, commuting, supporting a charity, seeing how fast/far you can go or just to enjoy the scenery, we all love to get out and get our wheels spinning. Participating in a club ride will help you become a better rider and will likely take you to some wonderful locations that you’ve never been to before….even if they’re in your own backyard.
First, get familiar with ride classifications and check out the ride calendar for an upcoming ride that meets your skills/comfort level or perhaps challenge yourself by picking a slightly more difficult ride. Who knows, before you know it, you may be leading a ride.
- WPW jerseys and vests: With the newly designed logo, we have been working with Primal to create new club jerseys and vests. These can be ordered online from now until July 13, 2017 at midnight MST at which point the online store closes. Here are the details:
To place an order, please follow the link below to create an account or login if you already have an account with Primal Custom Pro.
- Each member will pay for their garments at the time of ordering. Mens-cut or womens-cut jerseys are $70 and vests are $66.
- These are custom jerseys and take time for Primal to produce.
- The club will get a bulk delivery just prior to Fall Rally in early September.
- This single bulk delivery option saves each member and the club a $10 per item shipping charge as shipping is free for this single bulk delivery method.
- If you have led (or plan to lead) 5+ rides this year, please contact me about special ordering instructions as a ride leader appreciation.
Create an account at Primal Custom Pro
You must place your order before the store closes. Your team store will close on: (@ midnight 7/13). If you have any questions please contact Primal customer service at 800-275-6953 or one of the WPW Board members.
- Mt Davis ride rescheduled
- Save the date (Sun Aug 13): Rough Diamond Century (mixed surface) and 25-mile trail ride
- June summary: Thirty-one cyclists of all ages, including several children, enjoyed a beautiful summer day on the Squirrel Hill Sunday bike ride with the Squirrel Hill Urban Coalition Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee. Other June highlights include the Spring Rally and WPW members traveling to Bike Virginia and the Garrett County Gran Fondo.
Date:Sunday, June 18, 2017
Meeting Place: Corner of Beacon Street and Murray Avenue
Meeting Time:8:00 AM
Mt. Davis Ride (B to C / 1 / 54, with other options)
Meeting Place: Confluence Town Square (corner of Hugart and Logan Pl)
Meeting Time: 9:00 AM for optional breakfast at Sister’s Cafe
Welcome all WPW Members,
8-9AM meeting at Panera Bread, 20111 US-19, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066, United States
25 mile ride to Brush Creek and back to follow weather permitting