Hello WPW member!
The fall quarterly meeting of the WPW will take place at Claddaugh Irish Pub on Tuesday, Oct 3. Optional dinner is at 6:30, and the board meeting starts at 7:30. All WPW members are welcome to attend.
Fall Rally recap
Rough Diamond Fundraiser report
Dirty Dozen Training Rides Update
Winter Membership Meeting and Party planning
Setting monthly signature events/rides for next year
Brochures for bike stores
WPW route compilation
Distribution of WPW jersey for those that ordered them
- WPW jerseys and vests: With the newly designed logo, we have been working with Primal to create new club jerseys and vests. These can be ordered online from now until July 13, 2017 at midnight MST at which point the online store closes. Here are the details:
To place an order, please follow the link below to create an account or login if you already have an account with Primal Custom Pro.
- Each member will pay for their garments at the time of ordering. Mens-cut or womens-cut jerseys are $70 and vests are $66.
- These are custom jerseys and take time for Primal to produce.
- The club will get a bulk delivery just prior to Fall Rally in early September.
- This single bulk delivery option saves each member and the club a $10 per item shipping charge as shipping is free for this single bulk delivery method.
- If you have led (or plan to lead) 5+ rides this year, please contact me about special ordering instructions as a ride leader appreciation.
Create an account at Primal Custom Pro
You must place your order before the store closes. Your team store will close on: (@ midnight 7/13). If you have any questions please contact Primal customer service at 800-275-6953 or one of the WPW Board members.
- Mt Davis ride rescheduled
- Save the date (Sun Aug 13): Rough Diamond Century (mixed surface) and 25-mile trail ride
- June summary: Thirty-one cyclists of all ages, including several children, enjoyed a beautiful summer day on the Squirrel Hill Sunday bike ride with the Squirrel Hill Urban Coalition Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee. Other June highlights include the Spring Rally and WPW members traveling to Bike Virginia and the Garrett County Gran Fondo.
Date:Sunday, June 18, 2017
Meeting Place: Corner of Beacon Street and Murray Avenue
Meeting Time:8:00 AM
Mt. Davis Ride (B to C / 1 / 54, with other options)
Meeting Place: Confluence Town Square (corner of Hugart and Logan Pl)
Meeting Time: 9:00 AM for optional breakfast at Sister’s Cafe
I hope you all got to enjoy the 60 degree day we had on Thursday! It got me looking forward to the 2017 cycling season.
- Steph Burch for leading the Dirty Dozen Training rides and providing invaluable advice for climbing those hills
- Bob Vano, who served as a Ride Captain in 2016 and helped to organize the very successful Fall and Spring Rallies
- Jim Logan who has organized the Icicle Bicycle and Ride of Silence for many years.
- Treasurer and membership report
- 2016 Rider Milage and Survey report
- Icicle Bicycle recap
- Volunteer vacancies and opportunities
- Jersey and new logo update
- BikePGH report
- Fall and Spring Rally planning
- Car-pooling to out of town rides (e.g. Pedal the Lakes, Mon Valley Century, etc.)
- Other 2017 season planning
- Al Gaburri
- Dave Bialoksky
- Dave Lampe (Pittsburgh Randonneurs)
- Dave Kasperek
- Kim Brumbaugh (Membership)
- Jim Logan
- Mikhail Evstiounin
Happy New Year!
We continued our tradition of starting the new year with Icicle Bicycle beginning at REI in Southside Works. Over 100 riders braved the cold and Steelers’ fans for a ride around town, and several met up at Claddaugh after the ride for socializing, food, and beer.