I hope you all got to enjoy the 60 degree day we had on Thursday! It got me looking forward to the 2017 cycling season.
First looking back on the 2016 season, I would like to thank the 2016 leadership team for their great work organizing WPW traditions, but also making strides moving the club forward with the establishment of a Ride with GPS account, updated webpage, expanding the number of rides all around the region, and taking steps to a new club logo and jersey design. In particular I would like to individually thank and recognize the following club members:
- Steph Burch for leading the Dirty Dozen Training rides and providing invaluable advice for climbing those hills
- Bob Vano, who served as a Ride Captain in 2016 and helped to organize the very successful Fall and Spring Rallies
- Jim Logan who has organized the Icicle Bicycle and Ride of Silence for many years.
It is the volunteers like these that make the club what is. We have several volunteer opportunities and vacancies this year and you can help!
Our first WPW Board Business Meeting of the year will take place on Tues Jan 31 at 7:30pm at Claddaugh Irish Pub, 407 Cinema Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 (with an optional dinner and/or drink starting at 6:30. Find the menu and pricing here.) The agenda includes:
- Treasurer and membership report
- 2016 Rider Milage and Survey report
- Icicle Bicycle recap
- Volunteer vacancies and opportunities
- Jersey and new logo update
- BikePGH report
- Fall and Spring Rally planning
- Car-pooling to out of town rides (e.g. Pedal the Lakes, Mon Valley Century, etc.)
- Other 2017 season planning
All members are welcome to attend the board meeting (and pre-meeting gathering). If you cannot make the board meeting and are interested in volunteering, please email us.
Finally, I would like to introduce to you the other 2017 WPW Officers and Board:
Vice President: Sarah Quesen
Treasurer: Bryan Schmersal
Secretary: De’Anna Caligiuri
- Al Gaburri
- Dave Bialoksky
- Dave Lampe (Pittsburgh Randonneurs)
- Dave Kasperek
- Kim Brumbaugh (Membership)
- Jim Logan
- Mikhail Evstiounin
We welcome any comments or suggestions as well as your volunteer time to improve the club.